Friday, September 9, 2011

My Mother Never....

My mother has never cried in front me or my siblings. She has never showed any signs of weakness in front of us. She always gave us an aura of a woman warrior.
 My father, whom I was very close to, passed away when I was only seven. I did not take his death as easily as my siblings did. My siblings, who are much older than me, were able to express themselves and communicate about their grief, whereas I could not find a way to express myself. I soon found myself crying over small things and losing concentration in school. If it was not for my mother, I do not know where I would be right now. My mother never ignored me and gave me the most attention. She was always by my side holding my hand. She never let go. Even though she had just lost her husband and was going through her own grief, she never gave up on me. She also taught me the same things. She showed me that even “darkest nights must give way to the day.”  It was her strength and belief that kept me and my family together. Through her determination and hard work, I was able to pull out of the grief and become my normal self. I was able to concentrate on my education once again and participate in activities that I had once enjoyed. She nurtured my siblings and I lovingly and provided us with a healthy lifestyle. Whenever I find myself in a dilemma, I think of my mother’s strength. It was her nurturing that made me stronger and determined. We were able to pull through the tragedy successfully because of her strength. Even though we still miss our father deeply, we know we can turn to our mother and communicate with her about it. She is not only a strong individual, but she is also graceful, kind, humble, respectful, and loving. Whenever my life takes a turn for the worst, my mother is always there supporting and advising me. If it was not for her, I would have been lost. Her confidence and trust in me also acts as a reminder to be a better human being. Moreover, it also makes me want reach my full potential in life, for I want to make her proud. My mother has done everything for us. She has provided us with a luxurious and comfortable life. She has never complained or insulted us. She has never made us feel un-loved. She has done everything in her power to keep us happy. I am truly grateful and proud to have such a woman as my mother. She has and always will be there for me, and for that I will be eternally thankful to God. My mother truly is a blessing, and I can only hope to become like her in the future. For everything she has done for me and my siblings, I am indebted to her forever.
My mother is like a gem. She has instilled values and moral in me that has created a strong foundation that will last for years to come.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Kanza! What a lovely portrait of two powerful women (both you and your mother). It's so nice to have you in our writing community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just start by saying, you are very good writer! I think your mother is an amazing person. It's people like her that keep life positive. She sounds like a very strong woman and great role model. This was truly an inspiring post. Your mother sounds like someone that could handle anything that is thrown at her. It is people that are like your mom that motivated me everyday to achieve more and over come obstacles in my way. You are so fortunate to have such a great mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think without the help of our blessed mothers, life would have been boring and hellish to say the least. We would not have cherished life the way we do without the precious lessons we learned from our mothers. I must say that your beloved mother has naturally the trait of a strong and positively open minded woman. And no matter this elements would allow her daughter as well as her children to suffer when unbearable griefs of losing a father or a family member comes around. A mother like yours always foresees what we can't. She knows that grief and happiness come in our lives and go, but that we can keep tightly the later when we've the strength to do so. I believe no one would understand a child as much as great mother like yours would do!

    ReplyDelete