Friday, September 9, 2011

I Am...

I am a student. A dedicated student. A little to dedicated sometimes. I was born in Pakistan and moved to United States when I was 11. I am a Political Science major, and I am planning on going to Law school after completing my undergraduate studies. My hobbies consist of fashion, photography, reading, writing, and staying healthy. Firstly, I absolutely love fashion and photography. In high school, I wanted to go to fashion school to pursue a career in design, however my family did not approve of it. Nevertheless, I have not given up on them because I feel that fashion and photography make up a little bit of who I am. Through fashion, I can express my style and taste; and through photography I can express my view on the society and the world. Most of my inspiration for photography comes from Tim Burton and the world issues. I love to shoot creepy shots and manipulate it to make it meaningful. I have even won several awards in photography including the "Best Portfolio in East Side District" title. Secondly, I love to read! Some of my favorite novels are "The Thousand Splendid Suns," "The Alchemist," "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" trilogy, "The Godfather," "The Pearl," and off course "Harry Potter" series. Reading not only relaxes me, but it also helps me improve my writing. Since writing is a vital part for my future career, I am always looking for ways to improve it. Every time I receive praises on my writing skills, I feel like I can do anything in this world.
I come from a super dedicated family. Unfortunetly, my siblings have set such a high bar for me, I am always striving to be better than them. During school, my life revolves around my education. I have also been told that I am a workaholic, which I think is a good thing because it might help me in my career. I am also very fortunate to have a family who is not only loving and supportive but also expect me to reach my full potential. Their expectations always keep me on my feet. Another factor that strives me to do my best and be successful is my father. My father passed away when I was seven. I was extremely close to him -- almost his shadow. His death was devastated me, but my mother became a strong pillar for me and helped the family pull out of the tragedy. My mother is my inspiration because she is a strong, graceful, educated, and a respected woman. I can only hope that I can grow up with such grace as her.  My family is extremely important to me. I love getting together and hanging out with them; sadly, they live all over the world, and I have to travel a lot to visit them. A lot of people find traveling joyous, however I absolutely hate it. I do not like sitting still for nine or ten hours and receiving no sleep!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very good writer.I really hope someday i can write like you to express myself. I admire you for such a interesting way of thinking.I am sure that you will reach your dream very soon,because you know who you are,or at least you are going to know who you are truly,and what is your true identity.I agree with almost all you said.the only point that i disagree is that you said "Unfortunetly, my siblings have set such a high bar for me, I am always striving to be better than them".I think the idea that you want to be better than your siblings is one of the highest bar to achieve your goal.We think that comparison is the best way that helps us to progress, while it is calamity in the human's mind that society imposed on him.comparison is not a part of our nature,it is just an outside learning,which prevent human from developing.If you listen to your heart about what to do, nobody can bar you to achieve your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing... I love taking pictures (being in them and not) and I am saving up to buy a REAL camera lol :p Nwhoo I love your dedication, your writing is beautiful... I wish I could write so good... I can't believe you hate travelling. I should take you to Kenya and you'll travel for almost 24 hrs lol :p I am sorry about your dad but for what's worth wherever he is, he is proud to see you and lucky to have you as a his own

    ReplyDelete