Friday, December 9, 2011

The Last Peer Review Day

The peer review day made me look at my paper with a critical eye. I caught several grammatical and sentence structures mistakes when I revised the paper in class than I did when I revised it at home. As I was sat fixing my paper, I also realized that I had introduced two topics in one paragraph. To fix this error, I simply started a new paragraph; furthermore, I also added additional information and quotes from the novel. As for the other paragraphs, I was happy to see that I had not repeated that mistake. My main topic in each paragraphs were not only clearly stated but were also easy to identify. Other mistake that I failed to notice was using passive voice instead of active. However, I now know that to achieve an active voice, the main idea should be introduced first in a sentence. When my peers read my paper, they all marked the “yes” column, which meant that I did not have any mistakes. It also meant that my paper was not only fully constructed, but it also had a hook, transitional words, a smooth flow, and an effective hook. Their comments also stated that I had a well-written paper. This was highly comforting because it meant that my hard work and endless drafting had finally paid off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment